Thursday, April 22, 2010

delight necklace

I've been feeling under the weather all week, but I didn't let that stop me from making a couple necklaces the other day! Creating new things always makes me feel a little bit better.

I wanted to share one of the necklaces with y'all today. I found an amazing little vintage button cover in my button tin the other day and knew instantly that I had to make a necklace with it. It is so unique and eye-catching. I also decided to tie a little bow on the chain with some vintage lavender lace I had in my ribbon stash. I love the combination of the gunmetal chain and the super-girly lacy bow.


I love this beautiful vintage button cover! It reminds me of an onyx stone.

"I DELIGHT greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." Isaiah 61:10

I love how the black stone in the button cover catches the light! So pretty...

As I was making this necklace, I was just so struck by how lovely and feminine it was. I was reminded of the scripture above about a bride adorning herself with jewels.

Lately, I sure haven't felt very beautiful. I've been sick and also suffering with bouts of morning sickness. The other night, I was sitting on the couch next to my husband after an exhausting day. I had on an oversized tshirt and baggy sweatpants. My dirty hair was in a bun and I had no makeup on. And he turns to me and says, "You're pretty." And he was dead serious. I couldn't believe it! I sure didn't feel pretty! But he saw beauty in me that I didn't see in myself.

I've been thinking about that little conversation for a few days now. And I know that God wanted to speak to me that night through my husband. God sees me as a bride. He sees me as a beautiful bride, one who adorns herself with jewels. He loves me. He adores me. He delights in me! And one day, I will truly see myself as He sees me! That is my prayer. And I know that when I can really do that, my whole life will change.
Lora

4 comments:

  1. You are ALWAYS beautiful and i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NatalieY.6:09 PM

    I think you are BEAUTIFUL, INSIDE and OUT!!!!!! Love you, Lora! I hope you are enjoying your time out with our double stroller. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your pretty necklace.
    And your Etsy shop got some great stuff. Keep up the good job!!!!And I am looking forward to receive the beautiful fabric : ) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make such great necklaces. thank you for the reminder of our delighted God.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin