Thursday, March 4, 2010

wash your hands

Ruth has recently developed a fascination with washing her hands. Anytime the powder room door is opened, she'll take her opportunity and run in, shouting "wash your hands!"... It's so adorable.

This morning, I ran and grabbed my camera to catch her in action. This is what I found.

I was able to get her hair into a little ponytail for the first time today. Isn't she cute?!

Look at that face - pure joy!

Such sweet little hands

I love the way she's looking at me in this picture. It melts my heart.

The sounds of Barney in the other room pulled her away from the bathroom. It was fun while it lasted!

As I was taking these photos today, I couldn't help but think of the scripture about clean hands. It is such a wonderful reminder to us to keep our hands clean and our hearts pure.

"Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. He will receive blessing from the Lord and righteousness from God his Savior." Psalm 24:3-5

Have a great Thursday!
Lora

4 comments:

  1. that little girl is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just warms my heart!! My little girl (2) also is fascinated with hand washing. It is extremely cute at first...but after the 20th time? Seriously, I do love the toddler years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NatalieY.12:00 AM

    So, So Precious... I also LOVE the way she is looking at you, in the pic with you and her. Molding HIS children into who they are called to be... being the 'mommy' that they look up to and adore... wow! What an honor it is!!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the way she looks at me makes my heart melt too ;) little girls and their heart melting abilities ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin