Sunday, March 21, 2010

simple things sunday

A bud. Such a simple thing. But, oh, what a wonderful symbol of new life, not only in the physical world, but also in the spiritual...

As I looked out my kitchen window this morning, I noticed that the peach tree in my backyard was covered with little buds and blossoms. And in such a lovely shade of pale pink, too!

I knew immediately that those little buds were going to be the topic of my "simple things sunday" post today.

God's been speaking to my heart so much lately about trees. Last week at that women's worship meeting that I took part in, there was a spontaneous song during the worship. It was all about "trees with no leaves." God is doing a lot of shaking inside of so many of us these days. Have you ever heard the phrase, "whatever can be shaken will be shaken" ? Well, in my life recently, I've definitely felt like a "tree with no leaves". I've been shaken till everything inside of me that was fake, of my flesh, or just plain bad, has fallen off. And when you've gone through a shaking in your life, you end up feeling vulnerable, bare, transparent, and uncomfortable.

But, oh, there is so much purpose in this shaking. God has to prune us and cut us back so we can bear more fruit when the springtime comes!

So, when I noticed these pretty little pink buds on my peach tree this morning, my heart lept a little bit. It was a glorious reminder that my new buds are coming! New growth. No more dead leaves... No more rotten branches. Just beautiful healthy signs of new life. And when I think of that, I can take comfort knowing that all the shaking is worth it!!

A lovely little peach blossom. Such a simple thing. Thank you, God, that you are speaking to our hearts all the time. All we have to do is open our eyes and look around us.

Have a great Sunday!

Lora

2 comments:

  1. Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Revelation 21:5

    Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed,because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
    Lamentation 3:22-23

    Rejoicing with you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was so good. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin