Friday, March 12, 2010

reaching out

Thanks everyone for your prayers and encouraging words. I am feeling better today. Thank God! Still not 100%, and my voice is still gone, but I am praying that I will be all better for Sunday night's women's meeting that I am supposed to play and sing at. I'm not giving up yet!

My friend Maribeth (who's also Leo's preschool teacher) came over today with a home-cooked meal for me. We sat and talked a little bit (well, as much as I could with my hoarse voice) and then she prayed for me. It was so sweet! And she made one of my favorite things!! Homemade Macaroni and Cheese!! Yummy. What a wonderful comfort food!!


It really is the small things like this that show the love of Christ, you know? Bringing over a meal, offering to babysit so mom can get a nap, or just sitting and being a shoulder to cry on.

God has sent me some wonderful friends and sisters-in-Christ that have been that kind of friend for me. I want to be that kind of a friend, too! I want to think of ways that I can bless others that are going through a rough patch.

Help me, Lord, to think of others more than I think of myself.

Show me ways to reach out and show Your love.


What are some ways that you have been blessed by the kindness of a friend lately?

Lora

2 comments:

  1. We are down to one car so I have been taking and picking everyone up from school and work. Someone in a parking lot decided to hit the car, while parked and me in the store, and leave with no note! It was really bad that I couldn't drive the car. SO to make a long story short, to late for that, My really good friend called out of the blue, I cried and told her what happened and she picked up the kids, hubby and lent us one of her cars until ours got fixed. It's like God was telling me, "Don't worry, I've got it covered".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mac n cheese looks s yummy!!! I'm glad that you wee blessed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin