Tuesday, March 30, 2010

a red, red rose

I was so excited when I found this little vintage valentine hankie a few weeks ago. Isn't it sweet? It makes me happy just to look at it. I just listed it in the shop today. I have a feeling it won't be there long. Everybody loves love.

Vintage Valentine Hankie

A Red, Red Rose by Robert Burns (1794)

O my Luve's like a red, red rose
That's newly sprung in June;
O my Luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly played in tune.
As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry:
Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun;
I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.
And fare thee weel, my only Luve,
And fare thee weel awhile!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' it ware ten thousand mile.


Do everything in love today....

Lora

1 comment:

  1. That hankie is certainly lovely. I know you will find something to make from it.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin