Saturday, March 6, 2010

lux et veritas

Hi all! Hope everyone's having a fabulous Saturday. It is truly gorgeous outside today. Sunny and not too cold. I just woke up from a nice, long nap. Life is good.

I listed a new necklace in the shop yesterday. Here's the story behind this one:

The unusual antique skeleton key in this piece has the word "YALE" engraved on it. The key sat in my bead box for months. I was waiting for just the right inspiration... And the other morning, while lying in bed, I remembered that the motto for Yale University had something to do with truth.

So, I googled Yale and found out that the university's motto was "Lux et Veritas", which I was delighted to discover were the Hebrew words for "light and truth".

And so, the Light and Truth Necklace was born!


Light and Truth Necklace

Send forth your LIGHT and your TRUTH, let them guide me; let them bring me to Your holy mountain, to the place where You dwell." ~Psalm 43:3

A little vintage costume pearl and a irridescent bronze czech bead dangle off the key

I am really pleased with how this one turned out!
I've been so inspired lately with jewelry-making. In fact, I've made two more necklaces since last night. I really enjoy this! It is actually one of the very first things that I learned how to do with my hands. It's very relaxing for me.
And one of my favorite parts about making jewelry is the spiritual element. God always seems to give me really cool corresponding scriptures with each piece. And it's such a joy for me to hear the stories of the people who've bought jewelry from me and how the scriptures have spoken so much to their hearts. And when they put on that bracelet or necklace, it serves as a reminder to them of the truth of that word from the Lord. So awesome!!
Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!
Lora


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin