Sunday, February 28, 2010

simple things sunday

enjoying a solo swim in the ocean this past summer

Solitude. That's one of my favorite simple things.
Ever since I was a little girl, I've loved to spend time alone. I love to go to movies by myself. I love to say "table for one" at a restaurant. I love to go shopping by myself.
I'm just wired that way, I guess. Don't get me wrong, I am a social person, too. I love connecting with people and figuring out what makes them tick. I really enjoy a good laugh shared with friends.
But, I also really enjoy the quiet found in a time of solitude. When all I can hear are the sounds around me like the waves crashing to shore, the wind in the trees, or the distant chirping of the birds.
In those moments, when I'm all alone, I can focus on the One Voice that really matters. I can hear Him whispering to my heart of hearts His love and devotion. I can feel His acceptance. And I can rededicate my life to Him yet again.
Being by myself, alone, in complete solitude. Such a simple thing.
Such a wonderful opportunity to meet my true self again, without all the frills and fancy. Just me, as I am. And to My Maker, I know that that is enough.
Lora

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I love being around folks and family, but I also love my quiet time. Just me. Early in the morning. With my coffee. And His Word. And that is what prepares me for everything else that comes my way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like after this week, you could use some good time to yourself. praying you can find that this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you... like that alone time too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin