Sunday, February 7, 2010

simple things sunday

As I was thinking about what to post for today's "simple things sunday", I noticed this piece of yarn on the carpet in my dining room while cleaning up some toys. The yarn, as you can see is in the shape of the letter L. Normally, I would probably just scoop it up and throw it in the trash, not even paying attention this simple thing. But today, my mind was on looking for simple things, simple messages from the Lord that He shows us all the time. All we have to do is keep our eyes open. He is always speaking.


L is for LOVE

I was kind of dumbfounded when I found this little message from God because no more than five minutes prior to finding it, I was reading my blogging friend Annalea's "simple things sunday". It was really amazing - all about teaching our children to be lovers of God and others. I was convicted after reading about it because so often my actions are not communicating that truth to my children. I want to be example of love to my kids. I want to model to them how to be a lover of God and others. If you have a few minutes, go on over and read this post on Annalea's blog, Our Hartbeat. You'll be blessed.

God is so good to speak to our hearts so gently. I know that it was no accident that I discovered that little cursive L on the floor (in red yarn, no less) minutes after reading about teaching my children to LOVE. He is always showing us how to live and love. There are little messages all around us - mostly in simple things...

Thank you, God!

Have a blessed, peaceful Sunday,

Lora

2 comments:

  1. isn't God so awesome? it is so neat how He shows us what we need, when we need it. hope you finish your weekend with lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is just so sweet to us sometimes, isn't He?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin