Thursday, February 4, 2010

reality check

For those of you that think I've got it all together, here's a little reality check.

This is a brief look into my life this morning:

Mis-matched socks on my feet as I sit at the computer checking my email (they're my husband's socks, too)

Ruth eating her breakfast standing up at the kitchen table. (Lester looking for any Kix that she might have dropped)

My living room. Do you see the mountain of clean laundry that I have to fold on the couch?

Oh my goodness. My bedroom. What can I say? It's a disaster. Those are clean clothes on the bench. They have to be put away in my closet, but Joseph's crib is in there (its a really big closet). So, I never have time to put the clothes away because when I do have time, he's napping.

My comforter is for a queen sized bed, not a king, so it doesn't fit. So even if I do make my bed, it doesn't really look made. And looking at this picture, I notice an insane number of water bottles by my bed. They are all about half full.

More disaster in the bedroom. More clean clothes that need to be put away. (I've got to get rid of my "fat clothes". I have clothes in sizes 7 -20, not joking.) And there's the menorrah we used for Hanukkah - 6 weeks ago! Don't know why its in my bedroom. Help me, Lord!!

And the boys' room - no comment.
And here I am, trying my best to muster a smile. Not feeling well today. Achey...
And feeling overwhelmed with all the laundry, housework, etc...
So, now, you know the reality of my life right now. It's embarrassing. My house is a mess. And I feel yucky. Hopefully, I'll get over this funk soon. And the happy, cheesy-grinned Lora will return. Pray for me.
Lora

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping it real. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me that I'm not alone in my battle w/ the laundry. I have about 6 loads of clean laundry, neatly piled in their baskets, up against the wall of our bedroom. At least I got my hair done and eyebrows waxed today. That always makes me feel good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me laugh, a lot! it looks a lot like my house!! Thanks so much for keeping it real. Did you see the self same washing pile on my sofa the other day?? I folded two of those mountains on the same day.... ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying for you girl! you are not alone!! we love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post made my day. i like you alot. :-) and your house looks fine. You just do your best to stay sane and your laundry can just WAIT! :-) I love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have SUCH a good poem I want to pass along to you that basically says the laundry can wait. Our children are growing at rapid passes and sooner or later we'll have all the time in the world to do laundry when they are gone :( You make time for what REALLY matters and that's your husband and kids. Keep up the AWESOME work that you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, sister, i will praying for you. these funks are not fun.

    p.s. my house is a mess too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so bravely honest! You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin