Tuesday, February 2, 2010

LOVE

I found this great vintage valentine poster at the thrift store a few weeks ago and knew it would be perfect as a little decoration for Valentine's Day. I put it up on the window of my back porch door in my kitchen. Isn't it awesome? It reminds me of my childhood days in the 70's...

Gotta love little kiddos in bell bottoms!

LOVE - that's what its all about...

oh my goodness, look at those eyes! I love this little girl!

And, to brighten your day, Leo's contagious smile!
Joy - personified!
I must confess, I've had a rough couple of days. Most of the time, I feel the grace on me to be a mommy to four little ones. But lately, I haven't felt much grace. It's been a struggle to remain joyful and happy in my role as a wife, mom, and homemaker.
Today, as I looked at my nearly empty pantry, I talked to the Lord a little bit about our financial situation. It's been tough, as I'm sure it has for many of you out there also. Anyway, a little bit later, a dear friend of mine called me and asked if she could get me some groceries! She said that the Lord laid me on her heart this morning and prompted her to call me and offer to go grocery shopping for me today and bring me some food. Amazing!! God is so good, and He truly is my provider. I praise Him! And I praise Him also for wonderful friends that have shown me LOVE time and time again with their generous gifts, prayers, and support.
Is there some way you can show His LOVE to someone today? Pray and ask God to put someone's name on your heart. I'll bet He'll do it! And think of a way you can bless them today. If you don't have any extra money to buy them something, there's always something you can do for free - like write a note, offer to babysit their kids for an hour, have them over for coffee, or just pick up the phone and call with an encouraging word.
Now, I'm gonna go think of someone to show LOVE to today....
Have a great day!
Lora

3 comments:

  1. God is so faithful. Thank you for sharing His goodness to you and your family. Yes, someone does come to mind that I believe needs to have love expressed in action. Thanks for encouraging that also. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kiddos ! ! ! I had never noticed this before but Ruth and Leo resemble each other :)Grandmama Diane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin