Friday, February 5, 2010

The Great Pumpkin Dessert

Thanks so much for all of your encouraging comments on my last post. I was a little hesitant to write a post where I left myself so exposed and transparent, but I chose to post it in an effort to be "real" with my blog readers! And after reading your comments, I am glad I did! It turns out I am not the only mommy out there with mountains of laundry to be folded and put away!

Thanks for your prayers, too. I am feeling a little less achey today.

Around 12:30am last night, I decided to mop my kitchen floor. It desperately needed to be mopped. So, there I was, late at night, all the kiddos sound asleep in their beds, pushing the mop back and forth across my kitchen floor. It was so nice this morning to come downstairs and see my clean floor, smelling of Fabuloso cleaner (lavender scent). Not only that, but I also came downstairs to discover both of my sweet boys all dressed and ready for school. Benjamin had also packed his own lunch! Glorious!! I was so proud of my boys. They are growing up!!

So, some of the mommy-grace that I've been missing has returned today. Thank you, Jesus...

Here's some photos of an amazing dessert I made the other night, "The Great Pumpkin Dessert". A dear friend brought this to me after Leo was born. I've never forgotten it!! And I found the recipe the other day in my big recipe book full of magazine cutouts and handwritten recipes from relatives and friends.

Yummy!!!


THE GREAT PUMPKIN DESSERT

1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk (I didn't have that on hand so I used 1 cup whole milk)
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 pkg yellow cake mix (18.25 oz)
3/4 cup butter melted
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts

In mixing bowl, mix first five ingredients. Transfer to a greased 9 X 13 baking pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream. (I eat mine plain, and its really good cold, too!)

Have a great day!!

Lora

6 comments:

  1. looks amazing!! wish i had walnuts! then i could make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabuloso! That was ALL that we used in Mexico. I tend to stay away from it, now. It's also the same w/ eating at Zaxby's. When we first got back and after Chuck died we ate there all of the time. I can hardly eat it now. I'm sure that some day I'll open a bottle of Fabuloso and be reminded of my all white tile floor house in Mexico. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good Lora, I think I'll give it a try this week. Thanks, I'm always on the look out for a good recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane2:37 PM

    Yummmmm ! ! ! Can't wait to try this recipe. I love anything pumpkin.....thank you Lord for pumpkin (and all other good things you provide for us every day) Love,Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I MADE IT!! it's totally yummy!! it's pumpkin pie cake!! AMAZING!!! thankyou for sharing LORA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that looks amazing!

    Darn this wedding dress diet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin