Thursday, January 7, 2010

a simple reminder


Last weekend, I took a trip to my favorite bead store. They were having an end of the year sale for all of their loose beads. As I was sorting through all the pretty beads, I found these great little pale pink letter beads. I bought four (one for each of my children's first initials) and came up with this little necklace. The beads are strung on a burgundy waxed linen cord, and I finished the necklace off with a pink vintage button closure. A simple necklace that is perfect for everyday wear.


I've been wearing it for about 3 or 4 days now, and every day, I find myself playing with the little beads and sliding them back and forth on the cord. It's a simple reminder for me to pray for each of my four children. So often, I forget to pray for them. And it is such an important part of being a mother. I'm embarrassed to admit that many a day goes by when I don't utter a prayer to God for my little ones. How sad!

So, one of my resolutions for 2010 is to pray daily for my children, one by one. Hopefully, this little strand around my neck will spark my memory and help me to bring my precious sons and daughter to my Father.
What things help you to remember to pray for your kiddos?
Lora

5 comments:

  1. i love this idea. that is one of my goals for the year as well and i might have to do something similar to help me along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NatalieYoung11:34 PM

    Great Idea! I definitely need one of these necklaces! That would definitely be a good reminder to pray... And, the more children you have... the more beads you will get to continue adding around your neck! ;-) What a treasure! Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariah7:16 AM

    This is a great idea! You might also be interested in the book The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian. I am just starting it, but I recently finished her companion book, The Power of a Praying Wife. It was excellent and provided great direction and insight into how to pray for my husband - I expect The Power of a Praying Parent to be just as good. Highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got the book Praying Scriptures For Your Children by Jodi Berndt. I LOVE this book, and honestly it's when I get mad or frustrated that I pick it up. Well, other times too, but it's always out on my nightstand or coffee table as a reminder.

    Love the necklace! I'm starting to make jewelry again and I've been thinking a lot about you. Phone date soon? I no longer have your number.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is wonderful! I found myself playing with my necklaces so often that I quite wearing one but this...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin