Friday, January 8, 2010

quilt love

The other night, my dear friend Allison gave me an old quilt to sell in my etsy shop. One look at this treasure and I knew I was definitely not going to sell it!! It is just too amazing and priceless. Her great-great-great grandmother made it by hand. There are holes all over it and it is worn from years of being loved and cuddled.

I love it all the more for those very reasons.

Ruth tried it out yesterday morning, an especially frigid morning in our house.
Here's some pictures of her all cuddled up on the couch, watching Winnie the Pooh:

what a treasure!

I think Ruth likes it, too. Doesn't she look comfy?

oh my gosh, look at those baby blues!

sweet Joseph's little hand

amazing!
It's yet another freezing day here in the Carolinas. It's about 20 degrees outside. I sure am not used to this weather! I am so thankful that I have a warm house to be in.
I think it's another hot chocolate day! I made some from scratch yesterday and it was fabulous. (It was the first time my boys had had it, and they loved it!)
Have a blessed weekend!
Lora

3 comments:

  1. It's definitely a hot chocolate day! Bryan and I were drinking it as well...with whipped cream on top! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!! i miss ruthie. love that blanket too, i'm glad you're not selling it! miss you friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was there to cuddle with Ruth and Joseph. The quilt is so wonderful. It really is a treasure.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin