Friday, January 15, 2010

let love in

First of all, thank you everybody for all your sweet comments on my last posts! Y'all made me feel so pretty with your kind words. (big smile)

#6 was the winner by a landslide, so now you'll notice it's my new profile picture on the blog (and my twitter pic, and my new avatar for my etsy shop...) I thought I'd just streamline my look a little bit on the web. And, for those of you that frequent my etsy shop, you'll notice that I redesigned my etsy banner! I used a photo of the greatest fabric that is listed in my shop right now. So sixties! Love it... I needed a change. I look at that etsy page several times a day so I thought I would update the look a little bit. It reminds me of spring! Wishful thinking... haha.

So, yesterday, I got out the big ring of antique skeleton keys that my father-in-law found for me a few months back and made some jewelry with them! I always seem to forget how much I love making jewelry until I am sitting down at my dining room table again surrounded by beads and tools. I really love to make jewelry! I think one of the main reasons I love making it is how easily I seem to connect with the Lord when I'm doing it. He always finds a way to speak to me as I put elements together and create.

Here's two of the pieces I made yesterday:

Delight - necklace featuring antique skeleton key with number 37

The name of this necklace, Delight, was inspired by the numbers "3" and "37" that are engraved on this beautiful antique skeleton key. (I immediately thought of the following scripture when I discovered those numbers on this hundred year old key! - How cool is that?!)

Psalm 37:3-5 says,"Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take DELIGHT in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you."

Let Love In - brooch featuring vintage gold circle pin, skeleton key, and lace ribbon

I've been holding on to this great vintage circle pin for a long time. I found it at an estate sale a few years ago. When I was going through the ring of skeleton keys and saw this amazing chunky gold one, I knew it would look great dangling from the circle pin. Add a bit of vintage lace ribbon, and oila! - A pretty, one-of-a-kind brooch!

This circle pin also reminds me of a love with no end, an everlasting love. Open the door of your heart with the Key to let His amazing Love in!

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." Jeremiah 31:3

Have a great weekend!
Lora

2 comments:

  1. I love that psalm! Your blog is such a lovely source of encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora your header looks SO much better!!! the other one was cute but this one is Soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin