Monday, January 18, 2010

holly hobbie baby quilt

One of my dear friends, Lauren, sent me a box full of vintage goodies last week for my etsy shop. I am so blessed to have many wonderful friends who want to sow into my business! She wrote in the letter included that she and her husband prayed over the box before they shipped it that all the items would sell quickly and help my hubby and I out financially. The first item I listed from that box, a great retro sheet, sold in 20 minutes! God is so good to answer the prayers of his faithful ones!

Here's some photos of my favorite thing that she sent:

Vintage Handmade Holly Hobbie inspired Baby Quilt (just listed)

This was Lauren's baby quilt! It was handmade for her birth in 1981. Isn't it precious?! (That's Benjamin holding it up. :) He's my little photography assistant!)

I love those butterflies! And I also love the Holly Hobbie look. Brings back so many memories of when I was a little girl.

Look at all the work that went into making this adorable quilt! If you look closely, you can see that a lot of the sewing was done by hand.

So, if you know of anyone expecting a baby girl, consider this for a baby shower gift! It would be a special, one-of-a-kind baby gift for the mommy that loves all things vintage.

Hope you're having a great MLK Day!

Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, we are free at last!!

Lora

2 comments:

  1. Lora, it seems to me that I have heard of this old quilt pattern called Sun Bonnet Sue. My grandmother had something made with the same pattern. See what you can find out about this possibility. It may be that this 80's quilt was copied from one much older.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! Just wanted to tell you I nominated you for a little blog award: http://enhabiten.blogspot.com/2010/01/kreativ-blogger-award.html
    :) Liane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin