Tuesday, December 1, 2009

simple things

Simple Things (written by Elder Joseph in 1848)

'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gain'd,
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come round right.

I took this photo yesterday for my shop. Isn't this vintage handmade wooden candlestick holder beautiful? (I sold it this morning - after only about eight hours after listing it!) I LOVE how this picture turned out. As I was looking at it, I was reminded of this old Quaker song. It is truly a gift from God to be able to appreciate the simple things in life: the colorful leaves on the ground, the smile of a child, the smells of apple pie baking, laughter, a warm fire in the fireplace, holding hands with a loved one... The list goes on and on...

What simple things are you thankful for today?

Lora

ps - check back tomorrow for a giveaway!!

pps- please pray for me. I haven't been feeling well since yesterday. Must be all those Thanksgiving leftovers I've been stuffing myself with! haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin