Saturday, December 26, 2009

mountain getaway - part one

I've got so many pictures from our trip to the mountains (about 300!) so I thought I'd break up my post about our getaway into a few parts. Here's a few pics from our trip!

When we arrived on Tuesday night, we found the cabin totally surrounded by about six feet of snow! So Clint had to shovel out a little place for us to park our van at the top of the driveway. Then, we all hiked down about 1/4 mile to the cabin below. It was quiet an arrival. It took us a good hour to get all the kiddos and all our stuff (ie. suitcases, two pack-n-plays, boxes of food, etc...) down the hill to the cabin. We were exhausted, but happy to be tucked away in our warm cabin surrounded by beautiful snow. Here's our little trail of footprints the next morning. There's a hill around the bend that you can't see in this photo.

Home Sweet Home! Isn't it charming?

The land on one side of the cabin. There is a creek beyond those patch of trees.

Me and my Ruthie. Look at those eyes!

Benjamin, the birthday boy!

I love this photo of Leo standing in front of a window with a view of the snow. Look at all that light reflecting off the white snow! Beautiful...

Our sweet Joseph, who unfortunately, did not sleep hardly at all the entire trip. He did not like the pack-n-play! Poor thing... Needless to say, Clint and I were pretty much wiped out by the end of the trip due to lack of sleep, too. When we got home last night, I put Joseph down for a nap around 5pm and he didn't wake up till 7:30am the next morning! He was so happy to be back in his own crib.

the happy couple who just celebrated their ninth anniversary!
Have a great night! My brother and his family just came into town for a visit! I am super excited to have them staying with us for a few days.
Lora








1 comment:

  1. yay!! so happy for you!! we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin