Tuesday, December 1, 2009

He makes the rough places smooth


"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and MAKE THE ROUGH PLACES SMOOTH. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16
Isn't this verse awesome? Earlier today, I was inspired by it to make this simple necklace. (It's up in my shop if you wanna see more photos.) This vintage pendant is so smooth, yet the shape is wavy. And there are some tarnished spots on it as well. Very unusual and pretty! And I think the spots add to its beauty.
I am so glad that God takes my rough places and buffs them out till they are smooth as glass. And He takes the tarnished spots and blemishes in my life and works them all together for my good! Thank you, Jesus!!
Have a blessed night,
Lora

2 comments:

  1. What a joyful blog you have here, Lora. Thanks for visiting me.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora, here is a quote from today's Streams in the Desert (12/2). It seems so appropriate for the thought behind this necklace.
    Mom

    Someday God is going to reveal this fact to every Christian: the very things they now rebel against are the instruments He has used to perfect their character and to mold them into perfection, so they may later be used as polished stones in His heaven yet to come.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin