Saturday, December 12, 2009

brown paper packages tied up with string

My sweet friend Allison sent me this link the other day. I love this idea and decided to try it myself yesterday.




I am packing orders all the time for my etsy shop, and I love this idea of wrapping up your orders in old sewing patterns! It feels so similar to tissue paper, but looks way cooler! And it puts a use to old cut up pattern pieces that would otherwise be thrown out or left sitting on a shelf for years...


I love the end result! I hope my customers feel like they are getting an old fashioned present in the mail when they receive their orders. :)

Fun news -
After Hanukkah tonight, my hubby and I are going on a DATE!!! It's been so long. I am super excited. Chick Fil A for dinner and then a movie - in an actual theater! Wow... We're going to see Fantastic Mr. Fox. I'm excited. :)
Have a blessed evening,
Lora
ps- I just listed three new items in my shop - check them out! (especially the vintage tablecloth! I love it so much...)

5 comments:

  1. Fun idea!!! They will feel very special receiving your special packages in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea; it would be lovely to receive such a wrapped gift. Do you send packages through the mail wrapped in twine? My post office won't accept such; they tend to be a bit independent -smile-.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute packaging! I always meant to modge podge some patterns onto boxes to display my sewing stuff, one of those backburner things. :)

    You have to put your email on your blogger profile! Then I can just email you back. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lora!!
    I received the necklace that you made that Angie bought for me for my b-day!
    I LOVE IT!!!
    please check out my blog post about it!
    LOVE YOU!
    ~Bethany
    benjaminphillip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin