Thursday, December 10, 2009

bird in the trees bag

During naptime, I made this tote bag for my weekly babysitter, Ashley. She is so sweet to come every Friday and watch my kiddos while my husband and I teach a music/worship leading class at his school. I am so excited to give this to her tomorrow!

little blue bird perched up in a tree

back of bag - isn't this fabric amazing?

it is upcycled from a vintage pillowcase!

Loving the powder blue against the chartreuse!

Close up of birdie. That iridescent green button is so pretty!

Solid powder blue lining with my little "eager hands" labels
It's been a busy day filled with making things with my hands. I spent most of the morning cutting paper snowflakes to hang up on string in my dining room. They look so pretty! I will post pictures of them tomorrow. Then, I made this bag. I still need to crochet two necklaces and then cut fifty quilt squares for an etsy shop order. Whew!! Busy day...
Have a great night,
Lora

4 comments:

  1. I am sure she will love the bag! It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love the fabric!
    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:45 AM

    LOVE IT! you should consider making some like this and putting them on your etsy shop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huge fan of the vintage pillowcases! Great bag! Is the birdie out of felt? So cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin