Thursday, November 12, 2009

white sauce

Who knew that white sauce could be so easy to make? I had a craving for Fettucini Alredo the other night and made the sauce from scratch. It was super simple - just flour, milk, butter, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. I also threw in some chicken and broccoli, too. Yummy!! I was so proud of myself! For somebody like me who's not been famous for my cooking skills, I was excited to make this for my family.
Aren't these photos pretty? I was happy with how the colors turned out. So vibrant!
Have a great night! Try something new yourself! Most things aren't nearly as hard to do as we imagine they are.... (Hmmm.. that sounds like a whole different post in the making...)
Lora

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I feel proud too when I don't have to make dinner from a box. Since I have perfected this sauce, I don't use cream of______ soups anymore!!! I know your family loved this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I made two pumpkin pies last week, from complete scratch! The hardest part is mushing up the pumpkin. It was completely wonderful, just like my new beautiful bag and ear rings from y-o-u! Thanks Lora!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Lora! Don't you just love it when things are so much easier than you once thought... I wish I could remind myself of that more often :)

    Congrats on your etsy shop reaching 300 sales and for being featured again on a website. You are such an inspiration. I want to be like you when I grow up :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin