Tuesday, November 10, 2009

tuesday introspection

Here I am - not a lick of makeup, hair still wet from the shower.
Keeping it real for all my blog readers today!

I have been feeling so introspective lately. Looking at this photo, I see a 34 year old woman - wrinkles forming around my mouth, bags under my eyes, and my plucked eyebrows lighter than I thought they were (I darken them every day with brown eyeshadow and an eyebrow brush)... I've got more white hairs on my head than I'd like to admit (they are under the top layer, I promise - and I pluck them out, too).

But underneath all of that, is a girl that just wants to feel loved. Don't get me wrong, I've got a wonderful husband and four great children. I also have amazing parents and friends near and far. Best of all, I've got a God who loves me and is cheering me on everyday to rise above the noise and distractions of daily life to find the beauty in the mundane. And still, on so many levels, I don't always feel loved! It's obviously something the Lord is working in me right now. You know, accepting and LIVING daily in the power and assurance of His love for me. Just as I am. Wrinkles and all...

Lora

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin