Friday, November 13, 2009

thoughts on dreams

"Could it be that He is only waiting there to see if I would learn to love the dreams that He has dreamed for me?" ~Twila Paris

That song lyric above has always spoken to my heart. It's from an old song by a singer named Twila Paris. How many times do we limit God? What I mean by that is, how often do we dream little dreams when His dreams for us are so much bigger? God sees our true potential. He sees the greatness that is in us, the unseen "diamond" hiding within the rock.

I went to a women's prayer group the other night. The leader has us all write down on an index card the title to the book of our life. And then, she had us write down what the ending of that book would look like. It was a real eye-opening experience for all of us. God's read the end of each of our stories. He knows how everything will end up. He has seen the victories to our personal battles that we each fight every day. He sees the fruit of all the struggles we've been through. And He's recorded all the times we've chosen Him, even when His way was not the easiest way. And He is pleased with us. Oh, how grateful I am that God sees me, really sees me. And loves me, just as I am. But thankfully, I know that He loves me too much to leave me that way!

"And being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it until the day of Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 1:6

Dream bigger, my friends!

Lora


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin