Monday, November 30, 2009

self portrait monday (and moving mattresses...)

Here I am, no makeup (again!), and wearing my favorite super-long fringey scarf that my sweet friend Allison gave me. I wear it most days... And I am standing in my backyard, surrounded by falling leaves and sprinkles in the air. I keep thinking of that Winnie the Pooh movie, "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day". That is the kind of day it's turning out to be. Lots of wind and dark skies...

And here's my hubby and his friend moving our new (to us) king sized mattress! Our next door neighbors gave it to us when they moved away a few weeks ago. Now, I understand why - Clint said that that was one of the heaviest things he's ever taken up stairs. Who knew mattresses could be so heavy?!
It was strange sleeping on it last night. My husband seems so far away! We've slept on a queen bed since we got married nine years ago. I've gotten used to cuddling! Now, I can stretch out and still not touch my hubby... :( Maybe I'll get used to having more space.
If anyone has a king sized dust ruffle and/or bedspread that they don't need, let me know! All I have is the sheets for it...
Have a blessed week!
Lora


2 comments:

  1. you look so pretty! I'm excited for you and your new bed. My hubs wants a king size too! hey you can make a dust ruffle super easy! just get a few flat sheets at walmart and cut the strips out, and then you can actually safety pin them onto the box spring! seriously! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. no make-up? then you sure don't "need" it! I'm hoping for a king size one day too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin