Saturday, November 21, 2009

look what I found!

My hubby let me have some (much needed) time alone this afternoon, and I did my favorite thing - thrift shopping!! And look at this treasure I found - AMAZING!!!

Beautiful vintage crewel-work in a rich dark wood frame!

It's big, too! (16.5 in X 24.5 in)

Look at all the detail! So much work went into making this treasure.

Custom framed in 1976!

All for just...

$5.99!

I can't believe that someone didn't want this anymore! I love it so much. I thought about selling it in my etsy shop, but I think I am going to keep it! You just don't see things like this much anymore. It truly is one-of-a-kind! And for those of you that have seen inside my house, you know that it will look perfect with all the colors on my walls and in my furniture, etc. Now, I've just gotta find the best place for it to go! I am thinking of hanging it in my entryway, just above the bench where I took these photos. I think the colors in the crewel-work just pop out beautifully against the golden yellow wall. What do you think?

Just wanted to share my find...
Lora








3 comments:

  1. sure looks like it belongs there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous find! I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet!! that makes my day--anytime i find a gem that is cheap!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin