Monday, November 9, 2009

follow the leader

"So walk ye in Him. " ~Colossians 2:6
I took a walk with a friend this morning. And when I came home, I found this verse on today's bible reading excerpt.
What does it mean to "walk in Him"?
I've discovered lately that walking with the Lord isn't always easy.
It requires absolute trust on my part.
Trust and belief that where He takes me on my walk is always for my good.
Surrendering to His sovereignty.
Relinquishing my rights and yielding to His way for my life.
I realized that sometimes "walking in Him" means simply putting one foot in front of the other. Taking one step at a time and not getting ahead of Him. Knowing fully that He knows the way.
He's already been to my destination, and He's confident that it's a GOOD place. He's paved the way for me, and removed all the rocky places so my way is smooth. And sometimes (seems like most of the time lately), He carries me down the path He has chosen for me to walk.
Let us all walk in Him today. Let's take one day at a time and make the decision each day to choose HIS way. Let us thank Him that He is trustworthy and He is the best leader to follow.
Lora

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post Lora, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for listening to the Savior and walking with Him. Your life is a testimony to your trust in Him.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good stuff...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin