Sunday, October 18, 2009

my cup runneth over

"Give and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full - pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over and poured into your lap." Luke 6:38
Something amazing happened to us this weekend! A girl that I met several months ago at a women's prayer group sent me an email last week. I had only talked to her once or twice and was surprised to hear from her. She said in her email that the Lord had laid me and my family on her heart and that she wanted to bless us by getting us our groceries for the following week. I emailed her a list of what we would need for that week. She sent me an email back saying that she expected my list to be bigger and to email her any additional items we might want. I was blown away by her kindess and generous offer.
She came over on Friday night with an SUV trunk full of groceries! She had gone to Sam's Club and purchased everything on my list - in bulk. And then, she came back the next evening to give me more stuff that she had bought that day. Clint and I were BLOWN AWAY by this over-the-top generous gift by someone we barely knew.
God used this to communicate to me His extravagant love for me and that He loves to extravagantly bless His children and shower them with gifts! I am still processing my emotions through all of this - it has been a little hard for me to receive all this blessing! I mean, this is enough food to last my family several months. What a blessing!!! We have had it pretty hard financially for three years now and I can't tell you how good it feels to know that I will not have to worry about feeding my family for a long time.
THANK YOU, JESUS!!!!!!!
My pantry - there's not enough room for all the food and diapers, etc... (and there's still more in my kitchen that isn't in this photo)
My fridge - look at that gigantic bag of pepperoni!
This is my favorite part of this whole story: I make pizza a lot for the kids. Pepperoni is a luxury for us - we usually just have cheese pizza because I don't really have the extra $ to spend on things like pepperoni. My oldest, Benjamin, just loves it. Well, when I put pepperoni on the grocery list, I expected one of those small little packs - not a 5 LB BAG of it! My boy can have pepperoni on his pizza for probably an entire year!! I was overjoyed to show him this bag, and Benjamin knew immediately to thank God for this gift that was just for him.


My freezer stocked full of chicken, ground beef, cheese, and butter. Oh, heaven!!

I just wanted to share this story to encourage all of you that God is an extravagant giver! This dear girl that blessed us with all this food and other necessities was just listening to the voice of her Father. He led her to email me and offer to bless us. And she was blessed as well as she freely gave to us. I pray that one day I will have the resources to be able to give to a family like she has given to us.
God has shown me time and again throughout the past three years that He is my Provider, and He will take care of me and my family. I pray that whoever is reading this blog post will also experience that real and tangible provision in their life today.
"Cast your cares upon the Lord because He cares for you!"
He is all that you need!
Hallelujah!!

7 comments:

  1. He is so good!! i am so happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing! God is so faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! You weren't kidding. You are so blessed! I miss your smiling face already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise our God from whom all blessings flow. He does all things well. He is an awesome Heavenly Father who loves us beyond knowing.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a tremendous blessing. To know that our father God loves all of us this much that he would take care of his faithful servants...even the little stuff, like pepperoni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am speechless !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:07 PM

    Man, this story really blesses and encourages me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin