Thursday, October 1, 2009

Key to my Breakthrough

Whew! What a week it's been! These past couple of weeks have a been a whirlwind for me. The week before Harvest Fest I was up late every night sewing and making jewelry to have more than enough to sell at my booth. Then, when it was time to open up my booth, I worked every day from 12pm- 7pm at the tent. Thanks to the help of my sweet husband, a few awesome friends, and my mom and dad who drove up from Atlanta to watch my kiddos for three days, I was able to be at my booth for all six days of the conference. It was a wonderful experience for me. Not only did I sell lots of the things that I had made, I was able to minister to others and pray for so many people. It was such a special time for me. I feel so used by the Lord! It was awesome. I am still trying to process everything that happened. I hope to write down all the cool things that I got to experience. I will post more stories soon when I have the time to sit down and recall everything.

Yesterday was the three year anniversary of us moving here. For those of you that know me personally, you know that it has been a hard three years. My husband and I know that God has called us to be here in this area and for him to teach at the school that he's teaching at, but we have struggled a lot financially and it has definitely been a journey of trusting God to be our source. We have grown so much in our faith in Him and have grown as a couple as well. And, we've had two more babies since we've been here! :)

Anyway, God has been speaking to me for awhile now that He was going to bring breakthrough in our family on our third anniversary of Him bringing us here. Needless to say, I've been eagerly awaiting September 30th, 2009. I believe that God's been using these past three years as a season of testing for us to see if we will trust Him no matter what and not give up, even when things got tough. I want to be a person that God can trust! I want Him to know that I won't give up and I won't lose heart. I pray that I will grow in that more each day. He is so worth it!

So, here's the cool part. On the 29th, I went to the conference session that night and God really touched me during the worship/ministry time at the end of the meeting. Through my prayer time with Him, I really believe that he brought a release from this difficult season we've been in as a family, and that our breakthrough had come. I got home and Clint was waiting for me and we prayed in the end of the third year at midnight, full of faith and trust that God is faithful and He will not give us more than we can bear in His strength and power working in and through us.



Clint then gave me a chain and broken locket he found outside on the street. And he showed me a broken key that He found that day lying around somewhere in our house. The next morning, on the 30th, I decided to make a key necklace for myself. (I sold all my antique key necklace at my booth and I so wanted one for myself, but I was out of keys. I also wanted mine to be personal and have a "God story" with it, too, as all the others I sold had with each person that bought one). As I was making the necklace, I realized that all the pieces were broken. Then, I made the connection - this was the key to my BREAKTHROUGH! Wow.. And then he showed me that the locket piece, which reminds me of an old-fashioned mirror, symbolized how I viewed myself. My true worth, value, and beauty comes from God. And the more I see myself as God sees me and realize how much He loves and values me, the more I will know that I can trust Him. I never have to doubt His methods and how he chooses to work in my life, even when I don't understand or particularly like what He's allowing to bring into my life. He is good. He cares for me and wants the best for me and my family. And the pearl reminds me of the parable of the pearl of great price. I must be willing to give it all away for the sake of the kingdom of God and knowing Jesus. Through all of this, I was so blown away by the goodness of God!


So, here I am wearing my Key Necklace, the Key to my Breakthrough. And as it dangles around my neck, I hear it clanging as I walk. This beautiful noise reminds me with each step that God is faithful and He can be trusted to bring breakthrough.
Just wanted to share with you some of what's been going on with me this past week. Hope it encouraged you!

Lora

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:50 PM

    Lora, I know that this will be a year of great blessing for you and Clint. You have both been so faithful through yout time of testing.
    Thank you for allowing me to share in your sweet time of breakthrough. The Lord had some words for me as well. I praise Him that He has ALL our families in His hand!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

    That is me. Cheering for breakthrough :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this story! what a treasure. what a God.
    believing with you for the breakthrough! seems undoubtably right there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lora~ I have just been reading through your blog and was so excited to learn you are a Believer, and then I found *This* post!
    You my dear, have been given a Gift of seeing past the temporary and into the Eternal. Our Lord has blessed you with not only the ability to see it in your life and circumstances, but also to be *very* articulate in sharing it with others.
    I feel fortunate to have found you at Etsy and now to be able to read all the things our Lord is showing you.
    Blessings~and ((hugs))
    Carolyne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin