Friday, October 9, 2009

five things I love friday

1. fridays! My hubby usually has all day and night off on Fridays, so this day is a nice family day.
2. listening to my two oldest boys playing trains. They like to tell elaborate stories and adventures as they play. "... and then, there was trouble! Danger lay ahead!..." love it! :)
3. my wonderful friends. I am appreciating them now, more than ever. Several of my dear friends have moved away recently, are moving away right now, or will be moving away in the next weeks and months ahead. Lots of change ahead!
4. my husband's taste in music. Right now, I can hear him in the other room listening to "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter. He's got the most eclectic taste in music - from big band to disco to abba to johnny cash to kevin prosch to queen... it makes me smile...
5. this Coffee Walnut Pound Cake I just made for the past two days. Once for a bible study dessert and then the next day for a school cake walk. Here's the recipe!


Coffee Pound Cake (taken from Bundt Cookbook)
5 tbsp instant coffee
1/2 cup hot milk
1 1/3 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 2/3 cups sifted flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
Dissolve coffee in milk; let cool. In large bowl, cream butter or margarine with sugar; add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; add alternatively with milk-coffee mixture to creamed mixture. Fold in nuts. Bake in greased and floured bundt pan at 350 degrees, 50-60 minutes for Pound Cake, or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 10-15 minutes; turn out on wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling. Top with glaze or powdered sugar.
Have a great Friday!
Lora

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin