Sunday, September 13, 2009

weekend news

I just finished a new baby quilt yesterday for Harvest Fest in two weeks. I really love the way it turned out. The color combination of green, white, and brown is so clean and modern looking. And I love the patchwork design - so fun! I also appliqued some leaves on the quilt as well. Let me know what you think!

My five year old is the one holding up the quilt in my front yard. (That's my eager hands tag on the bottom right.)

So squishy and soft! Love it...

I used my favorite pre-quilted material for the backing.

Detail of the leaf appliques

And my sweet friend Allison came over last night with dinner (pizza, my favorite!) and these gorgeous flowers as a gift to congratulate me for making "Lifetime" at Weight Watchers yesterday morning! Now, I can go to my meetings for free as long as I maintain my goal weight. Thanks so much, Allison, for blessing me!!

Aren't the colors of these flowers absolutely beautiful??!!

God is such an artist!
Have a blessed Sunday evening!
Lora

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:22 PM

    That is a really great quilt...very sophisticated. I love the colors and the appliques.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt. What an awesome job you did! I love the leaves. And a huge congrats on your Weight Watchers goal!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin