Monday, August 24, 2009

self-portrait monday


Here I am today feeling MUCH better than I did last Monday. I was pretty sick with a cold most of last week. Thank God I am over that!

Shirt by Sparkle (I spied it last week at a friend's garage sale, but didn't have any money on me. A few days later, it was outside my door in a pretty purple gift bag! Definitely cheered me up as I was feeling pretty sick that day! Thanks, Ashton!)
Vintage Polyester Skirt by KORET of California (I've had this for YEARS... Found it at a thrift shop when I was in college I think)
Scarf by Old Navy
Earrings from Marshalls (birthday present from my friend Jenn)

I made a couple necklaces last night with the new chains and beads I got at that great bead store over the weekend. Here's a picture of one of them. I used an antique skeleton key as a pendant and dangled a vintage lucite leaf bead and an iridescent pink bead from it. While I was making it, I kept thinking about the phrase "The Keys to the Kingdom". I put a leaf on it to remind the wearer of Rev 22:22 "And the leaves on the trees are for the healing of the nations." The irridescent bead is to symbolize heaven and the glory of God.

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Matthew 16:19

Have a wonderful day!

Lora



2 comments:

  1. You look hot!! :) Are you doing all the poses the same on purpose in your Self-Portrait Monday series? Because I am diggin it...
    And I love that necklace. :)
    Things are crazy here...
    I will call you soon..
    Love you!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a good lookin' mama. Great neclaces too, I'm loving all of your latest crazy neclaces! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin