Thursday, August 13, 2009

old and new together

I've been working on some new necklaces, which I am very excited about! I'm combining silver charms with vintage buttons or vintage beads. They are strung on sterling silver chain and finished off with sterling silver lobster claw clasps. I am so pleased with how they've been turning out! I love the look of old and new together...
Here's a few pictures:

This is the necklace I was wearing in my last self-portrait monday picture. I combined two silver charms and a mother-of-pearl vintage button.

Here's a necklace where I combined an ichthus charm and a vintage pearl.

I love the look of this combination: silver butterfly charm with a vintage button in the most beautiful shade of green.

I've got lots of other ideas in my head for more necklaces. I can't wait to make these necklaces! I'll be selling them in my booth for Harvest Fest. If anybody has any other suggestions for charms, please let me know!

I found Benjamin like this on the couch in the living room around 5:15p this afternoon. This is what happens when he skips his nap a few days in a row. He looks so peaceful. I can't believe he's gonna be in kindergarten in less than a month! My baby's growing up!

Have a great evening!

Lora


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:23 PM

    ooh, Lora...I love the necklaces, especially the ichthus and the "pearl of great price". Beautiful. What a great idea to combine the charms with vintage things. Really unique. You never cease to amaze me. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane4:30 PM

    Lora.......all of them are very pretty. I especially like the butterfly and green button. It appears that the butterfly is sitting on a blossom :) Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin