Saturday, August 1, 2009

beautiful simplicity

(this is just a sample picture from my mother-in-law's computer, but it sure looks an awful lot like the gorgeous sunset i saw last night!!)

I only have a few minutes to write a little post (the computer in my in-law's house is in the nursery so it is usually occupied with a sleeping Joseph! Anyway, it's been a very fun and relaxing vacation so far. Lots of family time, good eating (thanks, Diane!), amazing thrifting adventures - the secondhand stores, antique shops, and "junk" shops have been incredible here in the deep south! And Clint and I even got to take a day trip away (with Joseph along for the ride - he did incredibly well)! We went shopping for wonderful antiques and vintage goodies, ate a delicious fish dinner and watched the most beautiful orangey-pink sunset on the hour drive home. It was wonderful.

Today, we drove to a little town in north Florida for my father-in-law's family reunion (he's from a family of ten children!). They get together every year on their late parent's wedding anniversary to honor them and spend family time. The kids had a blast playing at the pond where the picnic area was. Now, Clint's sister, Amy and her son, Tyler, are here with us for a couple days to visit. Tomorrow's church day at my in-law's small country church.

I've had a great time just enjoying the small town way of life and it's beautiful simplicity. It's been just what I've needed!

Have a blessed Sunday,
Lora

3 comments:

  1. miss you! so glad you're having a good time, friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was jenn, by the way. :-) groovetrain is joel

    ReplyDelete
  3. K. Barfield11:07 AM

    Lora - so glad you are doing so well! I've enjoyed "catching up" via your blog and I'm so proud of you! Hope to talk with you soon.
    Love, Kerri

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin