Thursday, August 20, 2009

applique day

I've had a busy crafting day, mostly with appliques. Here's the two projects I finished today.


My neighbor Dee needed a skirt lengthened, so I added an extra wide hem of some vintage floral fabric to her linen skirt and then appliqued a little bird and some dots on the skirt. I think it turned out pretty cute!




I also started working on a journal cover for those black and white composition notebooks. I finished the basic cover late last night, and then embellished the front today with a tree applique and a vintage brass button. I really love how it turned out. I am going to make a bunch of these and sell them at my Harvest Fest booth next month. Let me know if you have any other applique ideas for those. :)

Aren't these vintage fabrics great?

I LOVE how this applique turned out, especially the button!

The composition notebook fits like a glove! And the best part is, when you've filled it up, you can buy a new one at the dollar store, and re-use this sylish cover - and presto - cute journal!

Gotta get going - my kiddos need to go to bed! (And I need some time to myself! I am going to relax on the couch and watch one of my favorite movies, Enchanted April.)

Lora


7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:49 PM

    Lora, the covers are wonderful! I love that they can be transferred from book to book. They should really sell, especially at a conference.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora.....You never cease to amaze me with all of your great ideas ! ! Love your journal cover ! ! Some ideas: maybe some with crosses appliqued on since this is a Christian conference. Also, butterflies, birds, rainbows. Also, Google "journal cover images" and there are lots of great ideas there. Love ya, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE AMAZING! I love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! Are you using Wonder Under?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the journal cover idea! I definitely think a Twitter-like bird would be a cute idea!

    Oh, and at a Christian conference, maybe you could sell "cleavage coverage." I took my bella maternity bands & cut them in half to wear under my v-neck tops. They are much easier than wearing an undershirt.

    You sound like you must be feeling better. I was praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have meant to tell you that I love your journal cover-aren't they so fun to make! The endless possibilities-I am addicted to them too! I am sure they will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin