Thursday, July 2, 2009

emmylou





Our first pet, Emmylou, a very furry calico cat, left us today. I've been praying for awhile now for God to find her another home where she would get the love and attention she needs and deserves. It's just gotten too hard for me to give her attention, as well as my four kiddos, my hubby, and our other cat, a fiesty and independent younger cat named Lester. Emmylou is the kind of cat that needs a lot of affection and attention, and I just can't give that to her in this busy stage of my life.

Anyway, God heard my prayers and has answered! A girl that works with Clint met Emmylou and fell in love with her. She's a single girl who shares an apartment with another girl. She's got lots of love to give Emmylou and can't wait to sit and pet her all day and let her sleep on the bed with her at night. It's a match made in heaven, and I couldn't be more pleased.
I think Emmylou knew something was up, because the past two days, she kept following me around the house and meowing and looking up at me with those big eyes... I hope she knows that I still love her and only want the best for her. I hope she will be happier in her new home. I think she will.
I am thankful that God cares about this small area in my life. He loves me enough to send my kitty a wonderful new home. I am still a little sad, but I am glad that it worked out the way it did.

So, here's to you, Emmylou! Thank you for being a great furry companion these last 7 years.
Have a blessed night,

Lora



2 comments:

  1. awww, I totally understand. When we had to give Maddie away I cried for days. Pets hold such a special place in our hearts, especially since we had them before we had kids. So proud of you for making that decision!! She will be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:13 AM

    We'll miss Emmylou when we come to visit. We could always count on her to snuggle in as soon as we sat down! I know she's so happy to be the center of focus to her new human. Much love to you all.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin