Sunday, June 7, 2009

prayer shower


Last night, I hosted a small prayer shower for my dear friend Lauren who is expecting her second child, a little girl, in a couple of weeks. It was such a special time for the seven of us there. We each took turns washing Lauren's feet and praying over her. We crowned her with a garland of flowers and offered her words of encouragement and love. We blessed her and reminded her that she IS a princess, a daughter of the King! It was a wonderful night of prayer, worship, and fellowship. We also had yummy desserts on my fancy wedding china and ice cold orange julius to drink! It was a very girly night and I loved sitting there in the candlelight with my sweet girlfriends and sisters-in-the-Lord!
Here's a few pictures of the night:
tears of worship and gratefulness to God

washing her with the Word

humility and frienship

baby Hannah Elizabeth

the beautiful mommy to be wearing her garland of grace
I love you, Lauren! So excited for you and this new life coming very soon. You will LOVE having a little girl!
Have a blessed Sunday,
Lora

2 comments:

  1. Thank you sooooo much! I don't even know what to say I am still speechless by your love and thoughtfulness. I love you and am so blessed by our friendship. Thank you for last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat. I've never heard of thi before(a prayer shower) but I love it. What a blessing -- for both mother and child. i'd love our new church to do something like this for mom's. wow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin