Sunday, May 31, 2009

roses and gingham quilt








Hi everyone - Hope y'all are having a good Sunday so far. I am cooking beef and broccoli stir fry for lunch. I thought I'd take a minute to post about the quilt I just finished while the food is simmering. (My computer is in my kitchen)

I just finished a new quilt yesterday for a friend who's daughter is going on a ministry trip. Her team is doing an auction to raise money for the trip and my friend asked if I'd be willing to make something to be auctioned off. I came up with this baby quilt. I hope it brings in a good amount for the trip!

I used all vintage bed linens for the patchwork quilt top and appliqued a little bird in some pink corduroy in the top corner. The back is a new pre-quilted fabric that I love to use sometimes on baby quilts. I also quilted a few squares throughout the quilt - just simple square stitching, but I like the effect it gives.

Enjoy the pictures!

Lora

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I love the little appliqué birdie. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! you are very talented my beautiful friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok that last one was from Jenn, not groovetrain. Joel is groovetrain and he was signed on my computer. that could have been SO wierd hah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lora - I'm so glad to find your blog. This is Debbie Sutton from Marietta (now from Phoenix!). I have missed knowing about you. Your babies are gorgeous! Blessings to you all - D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin