Monday, May 18, 2009

one man's trash is another man's treasure

vintage handmade mini-quilt
vintage polyester "peachy parasol" fabric

vintage handmade strawberry potholders

vintage address and phone book



Here's some of my recent yard sale finds. I was so pleased to discover these "treasures." They are now offered on my shop. Check them out!

I am always fascinated by the idea that "one man's trash is another man's treasure". It really its true. I am sure that there are lots of things in my house that I don't really love or want to get rid of at the next yard sale that someone else would absolutely ADORE. Isn't that funny? God made us all so different, with different tastes and preferences. Different likes and dislikes. And that's one of the many reasons I love God. He loves diversity. He loves variety. And He's made us all unique and one-of-a-kind.


I like to think that the Lord smiles at me when I say or do something that is quirky or a little different and that others don't "get". Maybe He's looking at me and laughing and saying to the angels in heaven, "That's my girl! Isn't she great? And you know what, I like her just the way she is!"


And guess what, He feels EXACTLY the same way about YOU, too!

Have a blessed night,


Lora



1 comment:

  1. i think your favorite word is vintage!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin