Monday, April 20, 2009

last week in review

Life's been a whirlwind since I opened up the vintage fabric section in my shop. It's been crazy! Good, but crazy. God has really given my shop favor, and I praise Him for that! The extra income will really help our family out. I've been busy washing, cutting, and preparing fabric, as well as packing up all the orders and shipping them out. I've also done a little sewing as well. Here's a picture of the latest bag I've made, using vintage fabric and buttons. Love how this turned out! so sweet...

My birthday was great, and we had a wonderful time with my parents. They were here for three days. The kids loved seeing their grandparents, and we all had lots of fun together. Here's some pictures of all of at a nearby farm:

what a cutie!

ruthie meeting her first goat


brothers walking together
papa and the boys petting a donkey

The day after my parents went home, Clint took the kids and I away for the weekend to this awesome cabin! It was so restful and peaceful, and it was great to get away and just have quality family time.



the boys exploring in "the forest"
so happy together

just the girls

just the boys

On the way back home, my sweet hubby who knows me so well, took me to an amazing estate sale that he found online before we left. He mapped it all out and planned it days before. I found some incredible vintage quilts and bed linens! I can't wait to get them all ready for sale in my shop. Be on the lookout! I must confess, though, that one of the quilts is already at home on my bed. I couldn't help myself... I had to keep one!

So, now, I am playing catch-up. Cleaning house, unpacking, doing laundry, and getting orders from the weekend ready for shipping. Busy, busy!!!

Have a great week!
Lora

3 comments:

  1. Your family is adorable! I'm glad to see another Christian on here. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great weekend! Clint is so thoughtful, I am excited to see the new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the success in your shop!!! That rocks...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin