Monday, February 9, 2009

atlanta visit

I had a wonderful time in Atlanta. The babies and I (just the two youngest by the way) started our time at my old neighbor's house. Pauline, who is almost 90 years old, still lives by herself in a big farmhouse across the street from our little house. She taught me how to crochet and inspired me in the beginning to believe that I could actually make something with my hands. I introduced her to the babies and she walked us over to her horse pasture and Ruth got a kick out of seeing "Little John", a sweet mule that Pauline takes care of and feeds every morning. It was a special time.

Then, we headed over to my parent's house for the weekend. We had a lovely birthday dinner with my brother and his family for my mom's birthday. The next day, I went to my dear friend Jeanette's baby shower. This is the purse/diaper bag that I made for her. I am really pleased with how it turned out! The brown cotton interior has two large khaki pockets. Thanks, Jenn, for the great fabric!


I also gave Jeanette a "little monkey" set: a quilt, two burp cloths, and a diaper/wipes case. I fell in love with this monkey flannel at the fabric store and just had to get it for her. Her nursery is done in an animal/polka dot/brown theme so this will match well. I'm excited with how it turned out. (Notice my new sew-on labels!)



After the shower, I got to visit with a friend that I hadn't seen in over three years! We met eachother's children and had a great time catching up.

All in all, it was a great visit and I had a wonderful time hanging out with my parents. My sweet hubby sacrificed a lot to let me go with just the two little ones for the weekend. Thanks, honey!

Have a great night!
Lora

3 comments:

  1. yay!! your crafts look great. i love it! So glad you had a good time. i love that the little old lady takes care of a mule. that was really random but so sweet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Lora,
    Dad and I loved your visit. What a joy to see and love on Ruth and Joseph. We are amazed to see how much Ruth looks like you did as a baby. It was like having our little girl back! :-). Special thanks to our dear Clint for making it possible for you to come.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent!! i love them!!

    sooz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin