Saturday, December 27, 2008

mountain getaway











We just got back yesterday from a wonderful mountain getaway! We left on Monday night (quite spontaneously, I might add) and stayed for four nights in a fantastic cottage on a creek. The husband of a co-worker of Clint's built the entire house. It looks like an old farmhouse! It is awesome, complete with hardwood floors, slanted ceilings, vintage cabinetry, a big brick fireplace, and a antique clawfoot tub. Just our style.. We loved it! Here's some pictures of us all.

We celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary on the 23rd, and Benjamin's 5th birthday on the 24th. It was a week full of celebrations!

Clint gave me a beautiful wool hat and a great shirt from H&M, a super-cool store (so his students say) in New York City, for our anniversary. You can see me "modeling" the hat in one of the pictures. I baked a cake for Benjamin's birthday and we had a great time as a family of six(!) for his bday. The boys took walks exploring with daddy and found big walking sticks on their trip. I took a hike one day on the cottage's ten acres and enjoyed my solitude and the beauty of the creek. Ruth, wearing her pretty pink barrette that Daddy bought for her, ate in a big girl chair for the first time. The boys made their beds on the floor and had fun "camping out" in their room. We read books and old National Geographic magazines, ate lots and lots of yummy foods, played trains (of course), took baths in that great tub, watched movies, snuggled on the couch by the fire, and lit our Hanukkah candles each night. Thank you, Lord, for all your miracles! You still give us oil for our lamps when we think we're all out. You are Jehovah Jireh, the God who provides!
Have a great night,
Lora

7 comments:

  1. It seems like you had a great time! I would've loved to have visited a place like that. I love mountains, I love cabins!

    Just to let you know, we are going to be a family of 6. I am pregnant with our 4th. I'm not posting on my blog for another couple of weeks. But when you said "family of six" that hit me like a ton of bricks! SIX!!!

    Love ~ Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like so much fun!!! I am so glad that you got away, I know how important that was to you. Miss you and see you in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo!!! good for you!! looks alot like the house we go to in vermont! how fun!! yay!!

    susanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:21 AM

    just looked at your blog here in Minnesota. What a wonderful set of pictures. God gave you a beautiful place to "come away and rest". The pictures of the children are precious. I especially love the one of Ruth and her barrette. That hair is growing!

    Love you all,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you got to go for so long. Glad you had a good time too, you certainly deserved the time away! love you girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. also, could you upload your pics alittle bigger? sometimes i want to see things closer but can't cuz the pics are so small. thanks :-) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing to be able to get away! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin