Saturday, November 22, 2008

breathe in Jesus

I read a devotional one time that encouraged me to just "Breathe in Jesus" when times were tough and I didn't know what to do or didn't think I was gonna get through a situation.

So, needless to say, I've been "breathing in Jesus" quite a lot lately! I just read my good friend Jenn's blog. She just had her third child in three years and is in need of prayer. And I totally relate to her and understand how she feels! It is pretty hard in the beginning adjusting to another child in the family. Especially when you are incredibly hormonal and fragile and physically not yourself after having just given birth. So, Jenn, if you're reading this, know that I am right there with you! We will get through this transition time and come out in victory!

I just had a random thought. During my pregnancy with Joseph, a new freckle cropped up on my cheek. It looks like the letter V. And every time I look at it, I say, "V for Victory!" I guess the Lord gave me that catchy little phrase to remind me of His victory working power in me. It encourages me that the Lord is giving me victory during this transition to life with four children. He will not let me down! He has already defeated my enemy! He has given me victory!

I gotta get to cleaning up my house. Joseph is miraculously asleep in the pack n play, Benjamin is watching a video and my others are just about to wake up from their afternoon naps. No time like the present to do a quick house cleaning. And when I say quick, I mean quick! Like five minutes! Let's see how much I can get done!

Have a blessed Sunday,
Lora

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:39 PM

    You amaze me, Sweetie! You are an awesome wife and mother. I watched you while we were with you last week, and your sweet spirit shines through. Your total reliance on the Lord is evident. He WILL get you through. You and Clint are walking in obedience, and He will honor and reward that. Dad and I love you all so much and are praying without ceasing for you all.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are always such an encouragement, lora. thank you for your words, i love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin