Monday, September 29, 2008

pampering prayer shower

My good friend Lauren threw me a baby shower yesterday afternoon. (Here's a picture of her and I - at 37 weeks, by the way. It's not a profile belly shot, but you can definitely see the belly now!) It was called a Pampering Prayer Shower. Everyone gave me diapers and wipes and bath stuff. It was great. We had build your own ice cream sundaes! And the best part for me was a time of prayer and affirmation. Everyone went around the room and blessed me so much by encouraging me and affirming me as a mother, wife, and friend. I felt so loved! And our time of prayer was so sweet. Here is a picture of the diaper "cake" that Lauren made for me - amazing job, Lauren! And here's a group picture of everyone (minus a few girls that had to leave early).

It is still so surreal for me to realize that I am about to have another baby in just a few short weeks. This pregnancy has flown by! My nesting phase has come back into full force, much to the dismay of my poor husband. He was so sweet and helped me clean and organize last night for about 3 hours. All of the baby clothes are now washed and put away. Now, I've got to work on the rest of the house and the guest room for the grandparents coming soon. I've got to pack my hospital bag, get a list of babysitters ready, read up on my natural childbirth books, etc... So much to do, so little time!

On a very happy note, my hubby and I are going away overnight to a bed and breakfast on Friday night!!! Yeah!! I am so excited!! The inn is only about 20 minutes away, but far enough to feel like we're really on our own. We haven't spent the night alone with no kids in a few years. It's going to be wonderful! Thank you, God, for providing the money to do this! (it's coming from my booth proceeds) I've been praying for this opportunity ever since I got pregnant with this baby.

Have a blessed week!

Lora

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:19 AM

    I thank God for the sweet friends He's given you. What a treasure! I know you all had a wonderful time together yesterday at your shower. I thank Him for those precious prayers lifted up for you and your baby. They are a garland around you both, affirming and blessing you.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great time you guys will have. I'm so glad you're going to be able to get away together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had such a great time! Thanks for sewing (pun intended) into my life so much! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin