Sunday, August 3, 2008

light

It's been a busy week for us. I had a great weekend at a women's conference at a friend's church. It was so great, and God showed me so much, mostly about the power of His Word. The past two days have been really rich for me as far as my time in the Word. Praise Him!



Here is a picture of a watercolor painting I finished a couple days ago, as well as my four year old's creation. The boys and I have been trying to have an art time each day. They love painting with watercolors. Benjamin tried to copy this painting. It looks really good! He even put "words" on it like mine. I had a great time painting this. I opened up the Bible and chose this verse to "paint" my interpretation of it. (I John 1:7) And as I painted, listening to a Kevin Prosch worship song, I really felt the Lord's presence and pleasure. It was a sweet time. I really would like to paint more in the future!

And here's a picture of Leo after he finished his first puzzle all by himself. He was so proud! It was precious. He kept saying, "Mommy, come and see!" I love him so much...

My parents are in town for three nights. We are having a great time. We're going to be painting one of my upstairs guest rooms.

Have a great week!

Lora

4 comments:

  1. Corina4:45 AM

    Hey Lora, your painting is beautiful! you're really blessed in working with your hands, no matter if it's sewing, making jewelery or painting. WOW :-)
    and benjamin's picture is great too - it's a lot more a "picture" than half a year before! I remember when I painted with him, he usually was mixing all the colors together and finally there was just a grey-black soup on his paper ;-) he has learned a lot since I'm back home here!
    on the picture of leo, he looks a lot like benjamin I think! first I thought it's a pic of benjamin when he was younger, but then I read that it's Leo, with his first puzzle finished all by himself :-D he is SO cute!!!! Oh my gosh, I miss you all!!!
    Have a blessed day, and I say hi to your parents if they are still here. Tell them that some days ago, I've found a restaurant near here that offers MAHI MAHI :-) it's the fish (dolphin) than your dad convinced me to try when we went to this big fish restaurant all together. I remember that the mahi mahi was one of the best things I've eaten in my whole time in the U.S., so I wanted to try if it's good here too. I couldn't find a restaurant that offers this fish until some days ago. And when I tried it, I had to say that mahi mahi is just the best fish I've ever had!!! really, it's as good here as it was over there ;-)

    Love, corina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane1:26 PM

    Lora....great painting ! ! Your numerous talents are continuously being revealed. Like Corina, I thought the photo of Leo looked a lot like Benjamin..that is the first time I have noticed any resemblance in their appearance.
    Hello Corina ! ! ! Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:22 PM

    Lora,
    Thanks so much for a wonderful visit! You are all so precious to us. And now, just think...one more little one to love! Praise God!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corina7:03 PM

    @ Diane:
    I think you gave me your e-mail adress but I can't find it anymore. If you give it to me (or maybe you, Lora) I would write you an e-mail :-)

    Be blessed, Corina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin