Friday, July 18, 2008

busy hands and growing belly

I've been busy sewing and crocheting this week. I made some pillows for a friend of mine that turned out really cute. I have also been crocheting baby washcloths in multicolored yarn. A couple of nights ago, I made a great baby blanket/nursing cover with blue and white ticking on one side and a sweet baby flannel on the other with little handprints and footprints on it. And last night, I made a new bag/purse patterned after a plastic grocery bag. Here's the link with the tutorial that I followed. The bag is so roomy - plenty big enough to fit all my stuff in! And the directions were relatively simple to follow. I used some vintage fabrics that my mother-in-law gave me last year. Here's a couple pictures:






Today, I went to my doctor's appointment for the new baby. I am now 27 weeks along in the pregnancy! My third trimester has officially begun! I never get tired of hearing that little heartbeat. It sounds like horses galloping to me. I passed my glucose test, too - praise God! The ladies in the lab and I agreed in prayer together for a good low number. They are always so sweet and love listening to their gospel music in there as they do their labwork.

We're getting to ready to spend the week at my hubby's folks place in south Georgia. I'm excited! It's going to be so much fun and so relaxing. The boys are really looking forward to it, also.

Have a blessed weekend!

Lora

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Lora! Congrats on the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norah is here! Check out my blog for pictures! Congrats on the new little one! Are we thinking pink again????

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin