Tuesday, June 24, 2008

new look and deep thoughs


As you can tell, I changed the look of my blog a little bit. I needed a change. I like it. :)

So, now for the deep thoughts:

Here's a picture of a quilted pillow that I picked up a garage sale a few months ago for about 50 cents. The woman's grandmother had made it. I think its amazing. I was thinking about quilts and how it takes all different shades and patterns to make a really eye-catching and beautiful quilt. Without the darks, the lights would not stand out as much, and the contrast would not be as striking. So, here's the deep thought - in our lives, the "darks", or the dark times, are important because they make the "lights", or the happy times, that much more beautiful and meaningful. As much as I don't like going through hard times, I know that God definitely uses them in my life to bring me closer to Him and to make me a stronger person.

Yesterday, I was having a sad moment and really needed the Lord to encourage me and speak to me. I stopped in a little diner for much needed lunch by myself and as I walked in the restaurant, I saw a dry erase board near the door that had this verse written on it:

"Those who know Your name will put their trust in You, for You, Oh Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalm 9:10

I was amazed that God answered my cry so quickly. I had never been in that restaurant before and the day I chose to go there, that verse was written on that board - just for me. I can't help but think of the person that picked that verse out that morning as they were setting up the place for the lunch crowd. God used that person to speak a word of encouragement straight to my heart. Help me, Lord, to obey Your promptings and leadings so that I can be a blessing to others!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:42 PM

    Your new blog is great! When I read your "Deep Thoughts", I thanked God for a daughter who is so sensitive to the Lord ...and isn't He good? Just to think of him prompting the person at the restaurant to put the psalm on the board just for you!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora.......I love your updated website and especially the verse of the week section. What great pictures ! ! I am enjoying going back and looking at them again and again. Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful message. Sometimes we get so caught up we forget to stop and listen.
    I love the pics of your little ones...too cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin