Monday, May 5, 2008

mommy and me




Here's the pictures of the maternity shirt and little dress for Ruth that I made last week. I don't think they're too bad for my first attempt at sewing clothing! The main fabric with the apples came from my mother-in-law who used it 40 years ago to make maternity clothes when she was pregnant with my sister-in-law! I think the floral fabric was from her "vintage collection", too. I also just bought at Hancock Fabrics some adorable red apple buttons to put at the top of the shirt. I'm so excited! I am hoping to make another one of these maternity shirts this week out of some great vintage green floral and solid fabrics.

(ps-that's me at almost 16 weeks along for those who are looking at the belly...)

3 comments:

  1. How cute ! ! ! I never dreamed I would see this fabric made into garments for my grandaughter and daughter-in-law. How resourceful and thrifty you are ! ! ! Great pictures ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! I love your clothes! Way to go!!! I would like to sew once I have more time (and am allowed to sit up). I started some shorts for Samuel before the contractions started. I won't be sewing on bedrest though.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clothes. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin