Friday, March 21, 2008

Great Friday




I just gave my dear friend Susanna a baby quilt for her first boy due next month. Here's two pictures of it. I am so happy with how it turned out. I used blue and white ticking in two different shades of blue, blue cotton, and old blue jeans for the patchwork. The back is a soft white flannel. I also put a flannel sheet inside for added weight and warmth. It feels good to repurpose old jeans with holes in the knees into a beautiful quilt! I love how something old can become new again. And on this day, Good Friday, it is especially poignant. God sent Jesus to die for us on the cross so that we can become brand new again, our sins washed white as snow.




Thank you, Jesus, for your sacrifice!




Oh, the blood of Jesus,


Oh, the blood of Jesus,


Oh, the blood of Jesus,


It washes white as snow

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt! I would love to learn how to do that. Good work!

    ~ Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. You simply amaze me that you can have 3 kids, be in your first trimester with another miracle and find the time and energy to quilt! I'm inspired! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin