Tuesday, January 8, 2008

great site

OK, ladies -I found a wonderful website! It's called www.flylady.net. It is awesome! It has truly revolutionized how I view cleaning house, and in just one day, I can say that things are definitely different, inside of me and inside my house! If any of you feel overwhelmed and out of control with your housework, please check this site out. It really helps.

The first step in the process is to shine your kitchen sink. Basically, that means get it REALLY CLEAN. She says that when your sink is sparkling and stays sparkling, everything else will follow. Sounds silly, but after I worked on my sink for like an hour and could see my reflection in it, I felt so different and was really motivated to clean the rest of my house! And for those of you that really know me, you know that's a miracle! haha...

Anyway, great stuff! Also, she encourages women to keep a little daily journal with a TA-DA list (List of Accomplishments) and a GRATITUDE list (list of things to be thankful for). I started one today, and felt really proud of myself for what I accomplished today. It's a much better feeling than my usual feeling of defeat and not getting enough done. When we take a few minutes at the end of the day to write down what we DID get done (and not focus on what we DIDN'T get done), as well as being thankful for the things that happened that day, it really makes the day glorious and you see the hand of God upon your life as a homemaker!

The website is a little overwhelming - lots of information. Best place, in my opinion, to start is to click on the "Beginner Babysteps" heading on the left side of the home page.

So, be enouraged, all you homemakers out there! Peace and order in our homes IS achievable!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 AM

    Lora, I am so proud of you. You are an awesome wife and mother! I looked at flylady.net. I agree with you. It's amazing. I know the ideas there will make a real difference in the way you approach your housekeeping.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! I know you'll be able to keep it sparkling clean! The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Now you just have to keep walking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen that site before, but now I am eager to go check it out again. I have been trying the clean sink thing for awhile, since we don't have a dishwasher, it's quite difficult. But, I give myself a point for every day the sink is clean. Not sure what they are adding up to, but once I figure it out, I will be extra motivated :) Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin