Friday, January 11, 2008

five things i love friday

1. the smell of freshly baked cookies (i just made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies - see below for the recipe - yummy!)
2. my shining kitchen sink - we're going on 5 days straight now!
3. when one of my boys learns a new word (yesterday, i explained something to my 4 yr old and he replied, "Gotcha." - it was so cute!)
4. the smell of a pot roast/beef stew after its been cooking in the crock pot all day (i am making one right now and can't wait to dig in!)
5. the wind in the tree outside my kitchen window - it is blowing the tree branches around and makes me think of how all creation praises the Lord!

here's the recipe:

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp brown sugar
6 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp water
1 cup oats (uncooked)
1 6 oz pkg chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt, and set aside. Blend butter, sugars, vanilla and water. Beat in egg. Add flour mixture, mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded half teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes. Makes 4 dozen.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is so funny that you made those cookies today. I have been craving them for a week now, and I finally told Andy, today will be the day I make them. It's 11pm, so I'm not going to, but I'm determined I will have them soon. Now that I have a great recipe, I have no excuse! I'm going to make them tomorrow after church and bring them to our small group tomorrow night. I'll let you know how many compliments I get :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin