1. the smell of freshly baked cookies (i just made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies - see below for the recipe - yummy!)
2. my shining kitchen sink - we're going on 5 days straight now!
3. when one of my boys learns a new word (yesterday, i explained something to my 4 yr old and he replied, "Gotcha." - it was so cute!)
4. the smell of a pot roast/beef stew after its been cooking in the crock pot all day (i am making one right now and can't wait to dig in!)
5. the wind in the tree outside my kitchen window - it is blowing the tree branches around and makes me think of how all creation praises the Lord!
here's the recipe:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp brown sugar
6 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp water
1 cup oats (uncooked)
1 6 oz pkg chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt, and set aside. Blend butter, sugars, vanilla and water. Beat in egg. Add flour mixture, mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded half teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes. Makes 4 dozen.